I've lost my citizenship certificate, what should I do?

If you've lost your citizenship certificate you must contact Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada and apply for a “Search of Records” to obtain a letter confirming your date of citizenship. Please note there is a fee involved. Follow these links for more information:


Have more questions? Submit a request


Article is closed for comments.